Malaysia-China Kuantan Industrial Park (MCKIP)
- The 1st Malaysia National Industrial Park joint developed by both Malaysia and China.
- MCKIP is the sister park of China-Malaysia Qinzhou Industrial Park (CMQIP), the initiative of Bilateral Investment Corporation, Malaysia-China G to G collaboration of “Two Countries Twin Parks”.
- MCKIP strategically located in East Coast Economic Region, facing South China Sea, a gateway access to tremendous growth potential of ASEAN and Asia Pacific market, and worldwide markets.
- With the expansion of Kuantan Port, it acts as the catalyst for MCKIP, where both port and industrial park will create the synergy and dynamic platform for the investors to expand their business to other regions.
- Investors in MCKIP also benefit from the incentives given by the Malaysia government. *
MCKIP 1 – 1,200 acres
MCKIP 2 – 1,000 acres
MCKIP 3 – 800 acres
With MCKIP (1, 2, 3), Kuantan Port is positioned to take advantage of the huge upturn in momentum and is set to become a powerhouse in the region. IJM Corporation Berhad partnership with China Guangxi Beibu Gulf International Port Group will also bring new expertise and capabilities which are sought after to cater to the demands of the new industries in the MCKIP 1, MCKIP 2, MCKIP 3 and ECER region generally.
- Alliance Steel (M) Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary from of Guangxi Beibu Gulf Iron and Steel Co Ltd from China, has invested RM4.2 billion to build a modern integrated plant on 710-acre site in Malaysia-China Kuantan Industrial Park. Scheduled to commence it operation in 2017, this plant will produce high carbon steel and H-shaped steel with and annual production capacity of 3.5million tonnes.
(* Subject to Terms & Conditions)